Gen.39:2 (KJV) And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
Welcome to #DreamSeries!
How could Joseph have survived the disappointment of his broken dreams and still fulfill destiny despite all he had to go through?
A summary of other factors which helped push him towards his destiny despite all odds include
1) He had the ability to sustain his dreams on the inside regardless of happenings on the outside! In other words, he possessed a die-hard spirit, as discussed in How Resilient Are You?
2) He had an excellent attitude to life which reflected in his excellent attitude to service. Joseph remained dedicated to service despite that he kept meeting himself where he never bargained for. This earned him promotionto the very top wherever he found himself: in Portiphar’s household (Gen. 39:3-6) and even in the prison (Gen. 39:21-23)
3) He never stopped using his gifts to serve others- not even behind the bars; and his gifts did make room for him and eventually brought him to limelight!
4)He was always conscious of God’s presence and this made him prosperous from inside out:
Joseph refused to have the slave mentality. Despite happenings around him, he sustained his dreams on the inside. As a result, he remained prosperous on the inside, and this reflected on the outside.
Every miracle happens twice- first on the inside, afterwards it becomes visible. Likewise, every destiny is fulfilled twice- first on the inside and then the outward manifestation follows.
Would you like to still fulfill destiny despite your broken dreams?
Then do not allow circumstances around you put you in their own mold; be rather transformed from within.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. Rom.12:2 (KJV)
This is what you need to do:
1. Be adamant and resilient as regards your dream. If your dream was shattered, stolen with your hopes dashed and your heart broken, dare to dream over and over again.
2. Maintain a clear picture of your preferable future and a keen sense of destiny on the inside regardless happenings on your outside.
As you do, God will sure turn things around for your good, and you shall indeed reap the reward of a dream come true and a fulfilled destiny eventually – despite all odds!
Sweet Jesus, at those times when my hopes seem to be dashed, please strengthen my heart to not fret but to keep holding on to Your precious promises so that my destiny would some day be delivered to me intact just as I have dreamt and exactly as You have promised.
I believe You can do this and much more for You can do all things. Be it unto me according to Your precious promises. Amen.
Funmi Adebayo © 2015